Creating a distinct shopping experience that motivates customers to choose your dealership or service center over the competition is critical. Due to the big-ticket nature of the purchases and the potential elapsed time between those purchases, creating customer loyalty and advocacy is essential. Your goal is to motivate customers to repeatedly use your services and to tell their family and friends why they should choose your auto dealership or service center over the competition. BestMark can show you how improving the customer experience will create the differentiation necessary to increase sales and boost referrals.
BestMark Understands the Auto Industry
We expertly service a wide range of auto industry clients, from mid- and large-scale auto dealers to national and local vehicle service shops. Our programs evaluate everything from showroom employee knowledge and selling skills, to the accuracy of quotes for repair and service, to measuring repair quality.
Our existing auto industry clients love the positive impact that our automotive mystery shopping continues to have on employee engagement, service and customer satisfaction. BestMark auto mystery shops offer unparalleled value because we utilize a proprietary behaviors-based survey format that allows our clients to see exactly what went right and what went wrong at the moment of truth when customers come into contact with employees.
Our surveys are tailored to address each client's unique standards. They also transcend the typical Likert scale format. BestMark's customized methodology provides a comprehensive report with extensive story-like narrative that details every aspect of the shopper's visit, from interactions with desk staff and salespeople to the closing or repair estimate processes.
The BestMark Advantage - Automotive Mystery Shopping & Customer Experience Management
We have more than 32 years of experience expertly designing programs that help organizations measure and understand exactly what actions are necessary to improve their customers' experiences. At BestMark, we understand operations, technology and research, and we know what it takes to implement an effective customer experience measurement program for the auto industry:
- Holistic Approach. In addition to auto mystery shopping and compliance auditing, BestMark offers its automotive clients an array of other surveying methodologies and feedback options designed to permeate every aspect of creating customer value, delight and loyalty. This allows our clients to view their products, services and brands from a variety of perspectives. (See our Services & Solutions.).
- Vast geographical coverage. We have field agents (mystery shoppers, compliance auditors, and exit interviewers) where you need them - in more than 13,000 cities and towns in the United States and Canada.
- Top quality with 100 percent completion rate. Many companies claim a completion rate of 100 percent, but at BestMark, we never break our promises. Our promised completion rate is 100 percent - no exceptions, no excuses. On top of that, the quality and accuracy of our data is the best in the industry. (See the details around our Quality Assurance Processes.).
- Superior shop survey format. The structure of BestMark's automotive mystery shopping is based on our proprietary survey format, a dramatic departure from traditional methods of collecting mystery shop research data. Instead of asking a series of generic and potentially subjective questions, a BestMark behaviors-based shop enables our clients to pinpoint the very attributes and behaviors proven to drive customer delight, effective selling techniques and other critical performance attributes.
- Extensive training. Before our field force visits your auto dealerships or service centers, they will be trained, tested and certified on your specific program. Our field agents will know exactly what to look and listen for, and we will ensure that all of your employees/locations are evaluated objectively, consistently, and accurately. We know how training, instructions, and certification for mystery shopping programs must be different from auditing and from exit interviewing, and we are experts on the most effective methodologies for all three measurement programs.
- Direct one-on-one management of field agents. Many companies use subcontractors to manage the field visit scheduling process and even the quality editing process. BestMark never uses subcontractors. Our dedicated staff of in-house schedulers and editors speak one-on-one with our field agents every day; this ensures that our field force fully understands specific requirements and receives continual coaching and recognition to better produce actionable feedback for you.
- Competitive Pricing. Our phenomenal quality does not equate to high costs. Due to the rules-based systems and efficient processes we have developed over the years, we can offer our clients the best of both worlds: superior services and competitive prices.
Examples of Auto-Related Questions We Can Answer:
- Are your employees friendly, approachable, and knowledgeable?
- What could you do to ensure fewer customers leave with a neutral or negative brand image?
- What is your competition offering that your customers wish you offered and vice-versa?
- Are customers leaving the showroom without adequate information?
- Are customers of every age, ethnicity, and gender receiving the same exceptional level of customer service?
- How engaged are your employees, and how can you optimally improve their engagement?
- Are promotional signs, displays, and other types of marketing materials present and correctly positioned within your stores?
- Which locations within your organization are consistent shining examples of offering customer delight, and what are their best practices?
- What company changes will result in the highest return on investment (e.g., is it more important to spend resources on shortening customer wait time or on further customer service training)?
- And more
A BestMark mystery shopping program enables our auto industry clients to:
- Understand exactly what customer delight-driving behaviors look and sound like
- Align company-wide focus on improving the customers' experiences, resulting in increased spending and repeat business
- Track and trend behaviors that correlate with guest delight to generate actionable data proven to increase sales, referrals and customer satisfaction
- Customize programs to evaluate a variety of different customer touch points, staffed positions, and times of day/week, etc
- Gain valuable, detailed insight into the customer experience through extensive story-like narrative from our highly trained and certified shoppers
- Discover if customers are receiving consistently superior customer service at every location and/or customer touchpoint
- Identify gaps in training needs
- Ensure compliance with brand standards
- And more!
No matter what your mystery shopping objectives, we will partner with you to develop a program that will provide actionable results using state-of-the-art technologies and proven shop methodologies.
Collecting and aligning data only provides value if that information is actually used to improve performance at each location, so it is critical that the data is useful at the operator level. With that in mind, BestMark created GuestLink , a proprietary web-based reporting system that allows clients to create, update and track data at all levels within the organization for performance feedback and coaching.
BestMark clients are also able to dynamically create ad hoc reports on the fly and update customized "Action Plans." When managers of customer-facing employees directly access shop, audit, or customer survey results via GuestLink , coaching and recognition (as well as solutions selling reinforcement) can occur at the front lines almost immediately.
GuestLink Customer Experience Intelligence Features
- Interactive Dashboards
- Performance Scorecards
- Dynamic Query Drill-Down
- Individual Customer Experience Reports
- Strengths & Opportunities Reports
- Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Tracking
- High-Impact Standard Reports